Tales Of My Waist Length Hairventure!
It has been an awesome 12 months; trying back, and I am really, really comfortable about where I am right now. I love my hair much much more than ever before. When i started my hair journey, I didn’t actually “consider” I may obtain a lot inside 1 12 months. Now see, in simply 12 months!! Thank you God!!
Though I trimmed off some of my ends for a nice, U-shaped look, I should be back to this length by now as I’ve had some more growth since my last relaxer. Been nearly 2 months since my last trim.
Now, what stops you from beginning your individual healthy hair journey Honestly, mine was for fun; that was how I started. But now I see that really, I could get any size of hair I wish to have so I intend to take my journey extra seriously.
1st January, 2014 will mark a brand new starting for me and my hair. It should be a Hair Growth Boot Camp for me. I know you want to join me so here are a few tips to help you start your hair journey.
1. Analysis: Consider me if I say I spent months researching about relaxed black hair growth. Just seeing tons and tons of black girls with loooooooooooooong hair bought me longing more and more for looooooooooong hair too!! I read hundreds of blogs..watched hundreds of movies…read hundreds of articles!! About just anything; from methods to comb hair to how to cut hair; how to clean hair to how to dry hair…even how to tie and sleep with a satin scarf. Do a lot of research..it can make your journey easier and you will be extra ready. There’s a lot info out there..the hard part is taking out what is beneficial to you and your hair needs.
2. Take Images: The moment you decide to embark in your hair journey, take photos. Take pictures of the back, side and entrance your hair. Take pictures of hair wet and dry. And take more pictures as you go along..every week. This will aid you to see side part sew in straight weave if you’re making any progress as the months go by. Progress could seem sluggish at first however as you master how to care for your hair, it is going to show more quickly in health, thickness and length. And once you begin to see the modifications for yourself, you will journey on more happily.
3. Set Targets: Like some other targets you set for yourself in life, you could set a hair goal. Long term goals and short term goals. I find that setting short term goals is important so as to not stress your self too much. However, set an ultimate goal in your hair especially if your aim is to grow it not solely healthier and thicker, but longer as well. Do well to keep in mind that hair grows at a charge..depending on each individual so first check how much your hair grows each month and then use that information to set your targets. Hair takes time to develop, so just be patient and work hard at retaining the well being and size of your hair.
4. Get Hair Merchandise and Tools: Yes, it’s essential to get your personal poducts and tools that will suit the wants of your hair. Remember, hairdressers don’t get merchandise to suit every client’s hair. They get products that will work basically for whatever purpose they’ve been made to serve. It may work completely for somebody’s hair however it might not work properly to your hair. I’ve seen people with long hair irrespective of whether they use the worst concentrated sulfate, alcohol or petrolatum products. Fortunate them!! But for some of us, these merchandise kill our hair in record time. It’s your hair. Make just a little funding in merchandise and tools. Begin with the less expensive but good stuff. Construct a hair care routine and be according to the use of products for not less than 3 months before writing them off.
5. Do It Yourself (D.I.Y): Sounds funny but this is one of the things I didn’t take into consideration at the start of my journey that I hold onto like the Gospel now. I achieved far more length-clever and health-clever at the times I did my hair myself than when i let others do it. My hair loves extensions my hands. Your hair will love your palms. No one can love your hair like you accomplish that just do it all yourself. Yes, some neighbours may say in the beginning that you’re broke (yep, somehow you hear the gossip) however those same neighbours will ask you what your “secret” is..lol!! My largest secret is: “I do my hair myself”!!
Now, these are the belongings you need to contemplate before you start your journey. Now the real deal is what to do while you start. Brace yourself!! Extra tips and tricks developing from 1st January, 2014. I’m “beginning yet again”..with you in mind this time. Armpit Length to Bra Strap Length is another marathon another time for me and I am nonetheless learning the ropes…This time, I’ll share all my discoveries with you…dito dito.
I’ve plenty of suggestions written down and waiting to be tried. I am more determined than ever to attempt all the things there is to strive considering that the few issues I tried got me this far. From washing hair with potato syrup to rubbing scalp with cactus juice..hehehhehehhehe!!
Photo credit: Hairlicious Inc.
I should not have very, very thick hair..still working on that. But I think I may get to the above length and thickness if I put in my greatest subsequent year. Wholesome Hair Journey 2014…..I just can’t conceal my excitement!!
Ready for Hair Journey Boot Camp 2014 Do not miss this bus!