A Step by step Guide To Contouring Like A pro
If you’re at a special event and want your make-up to point out up in pictures, you’ll want to put money into both cream and powder products to intensify the look,’ says MAC make-up artist Lisa Henderson.
While it may not be a new trend, ‘baking’ aka dusting the face with loose powder after contouring and highlighting with cream products, units that make-up in place for longer.
One of the best Products For The Job:
Beginner: Cover FX Cover Click, £15 and Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder, £29
Intermediate: Contour Cosmetics Contour Compact, £28 and Kat Von D ‘lock-it’ Setting Powder, £22
Advanced: rain indian remy wet and wavy Iconic London Multi Use Cream and Powder Contour Palette, £32.99 each
The most effective Tools For The Job:
– B. Latex Free Blending Sponge, £4.99
– Artis Oval 7 Brush, £48.48
– Morphe M579 Professional Flat Contour Brush, £14
– Sigma Beauty F25 Tapered Face Brush, £26
– Spectrum Large Fan Brush, £5
How you can Contour:
1. Again, apply a full face of foundation before you begin.
2. If you need your cheekbones to essentially pop, reverse the steps. Taking the darker cream, define your cheekbones using the tapered line method and draw or paint a series of dashes or dots just below your hairline. Continue to rain indian remy wet and wavy draw a line along the length of your jaw and repeat step 4 (above) to slim down your nose.
3. Utilizing the Artis brush, mix this into the pores and skin utilizing swift however gentle buffing motions and layer over these areas with a powder bronzer in a similar hue. Using a fluffy brush, swirl the bronzer up to the apples of your cheeks for a natural glow.
4. With your concealer, begin to spotlight underneath your eyes (using the aforementioned upside down triangle technique) and proceed to apply a little down the centre of your nose and within the centre of your forehead. Utilizing a dampened sponge, blend this into the skin and repeat this step again.
5. Plunge your damp sponge into the unfastened powder, faucet off the surplus and apply beneath your eyes, down the centre of your nostril and forehead and upon your chin – the place you utilized the lighter cream. Look forward to a total of ten minutes – the heat from your face will help mesh the concealer and powder together, then, using a powder brush, simply dust the powder away.
6. If you are after razor sharp face construction, adorn the tops of your cheekbones and the tip of your nostril with an iridescent highlighter. Mud this on with a big fan brush to stop falling shimmer debris.
Remember: If you have darkish pores and skin, make sure not to choose any shades with yellow undertones to highlight with, as they will drain the skin of colour. Kat Von D have a plethora of palettes to suit darker skin tones and Sleek’s award successful contour kit is available in 4 shades, with six creams to combine and match.