Driver Charged With DUI After Car Strikes Tree
— A motorist suspected of being drunk when he struck a tree Tuesday in a Southwest Moultrie yard didn’t mince words when asked how much alcohol he’d consumed previous to the accident.
“Enough so that you can take me to jail,” he responded, in accordance with the Moultrie Police Department report, then he placed his arms behind his back for the officer to handcuff him.
When police had been referred to as at about 9:30 p.m. If you have any issues relating to the place and how to use brazilian, you can get in touch with us at our site. to 1208 eleventh St. S.W. they discovered a Chevrolet Malibu that had left the roadway and struck a pine tree, Moultrie Police Division reviews said.
Bennie Lee Jackson was standing subsequent to perfect hair brush the automobile and smelled of alcohol, police said. After he gave his response to the officer about the amount he had drunk earlier, a take a look at administered by police indicated that his blood alcohol content was above the authorized restrict of 0.08.
Jackson, 47, 1520 eleventh St. S.W. was charged with driving beneath the influence and failure to drive inside single lane.
In other arrests
• Christopher Maurice Duncan, 48, 119 Walnut Drive, Sylvester, was charged Wednesday with driving whereas license withdrawn.
• Allen Roger Furney, 42, Regency Village Drive Lot 70, was charged Tuesday with criminal trespass, use of “fighting words” and easy assaults.
• Keithus Damon Troupe, 32, 190 Billy Johnson Lane, was charged Wednesday with failure to obey stop sign and driving with suspended or revoked license.
• Oralia Martinez, 43, 245 Ridge Road, was charged Wednesday with driving without license.
• Freddie Lee Smithwick IV, 5063 Hwy. 111, Hartsfield.
• Calvinal Keon Eady, 28, 740 S. Railroad Ave. Mt. Vernon, Ga.
• Frederick Gardner, 25, 1600 Sunrise Ave.
• Andrew Leon Jackson, 42, 801 W. Robinson Ave. Doerun.
• Thomas Beauty Retailer, 614 First Ave. S.E. reported Wednesday the theft of merchandise valued at $300.
An employee advised police that video showed an unknown feminine shoplifting 5 Remy Rose Yaki 20-inch hair weaves.
• Kimberly Yon, 48, Moultrie, reported Wednesday the theft of a cellular phone valued at $110.
Coming into auto
• Tatiane Smith, 27, Moultrie, reported Wednesday the theft of $1,000 from a automobile parked in the 600 block of Veterans Parkway South.
• Michael Miller, 1300 block Freeway 319 North, Norman Park, reported Wednesday that a male relative punched him in the face.
Miller had a small lower on his bottom lip and some swelling, police said, but he refused to speak with emergency medical service personnel. He told police that he slapped Matthew Miller in retaliation.
Police took Matthew Miller, 1330 Hwy. 319 N. Lot a hundred into custody and charged him with simple battery.