The Curly Girls´ Guide To Hair Extensions
From human hair to synthetic, wefts to single strand and Mongolian to Indian, the hair extension world can get a bit “tangled,” however don’t despair ‘cause we’re protecting every little thing it’s good to find out about the quality and types of extensions for all of you curlfriends out there. A be aware to the smart: You get what you pay for. Investing in top quality extensions will truly end up saving you money as they solely need to be replaced as soon as a 12 months compared to every few months with sub-par hair. Our advice Don’t lower corners. Save up for the best quality hair extensions you could afford to get the lusted-after locks you’ve at all times wanted. Let’s get started!
What’s the big difference between natural and synthetic extensions
1. Natural Hair: That is real human hair and it can be styled, cleansed and dyed simply like the hair in your head. The feel and appear of pure extensions are ultra believable, which makes these extra costly, however for those who care for them properly, they’ll last you up to at least one full yr.
2. Artificial Hair: These extensions have come a long way lately and in some cases it’s difficult to inform the distinction between pure and synthetic however it stops there. Synthetic hair is mostly made from wonderful plastic fibers that mimic human hair, but won’t behave or feel prefer it. These will be worn straight outta the box, making them tremendous simple and fast, however, maintenance is difficult as they don’t always wash and magnificence the same approach as regular hair and they are much less durable than pure hair, so they won’t last as lengthy — about three to six months.
Remy hair, virgin hair… What does it all imply
source: Getty Images via Tony Hutchings
1. Virgin Hair: That is 100% human hair that’s lower off of a single hair donor in one ponytail and has never been chemically processed. The entire cuticles are intact and lay in the same path simply like the hair on your head. It is the highest quality natural hair accessible in the marketplace, therefore it’s super spendy, but with correct care it might probably last a long, long time. Principally that is the gold commonplace in extensions.
2. Remy Hair: That is natural hair that’s collected from a number of totally different hair donors and is processed to align all of the cuticles in the identical direction to mimic the hair on your head. This process eliminates tangling issues which are widespread with artificial types.
3. Non-remy Hair: That is natural hair that is collected from random suppliers, ensuing in the cuticles lying in all totally different directions which may lead to tangles and matting. To combat this, non-remy hair is chemically treated to take away the cuticle after which dipped in silicone to add shine, this adds weight to the hair and over time the silicone washes away and the hair loses its luster. It additionally can’t tolerate heat or hair dye, so styling choices are restricted.
What’s the difference between weft and single strand
1. Wefted Hair: This is hair that comes hooked up to a observe in lengthy pieces. It will possibly either be connected by machine or by hand. Here’s the distinction:
-Hand tied wefts are made by meticulously tying strands of hair around a powerful weaving thread by hand. These wefts are thinner and extra flexible than machine-tied wefts and lay nearer to to the top creating a really natural look. They are tougher to use and utilize a lot more hair to make which adds to the price tag on these extensions. (Photo via Beauty ReDesign)
-Machine wefts are made by sewing strands of hair onto the observe with a hair sewing machine. They are the most common wefts on account of their lower value and because they’re easier to put in. The tracks can be cut which permits for more hairstyle options.
2. Single Strand: Often known as stick extensions, these literally come piece by piece and are pre-bonded at the information with wax or keratin. They’re utilized by using the Micro-Loop or Fusion technique which uses heat to bond the extensions to your pure hair.
What’s the difference between virgin hair origins
One of the issues it’s a must to take into consideration when purchasing natural hair extensions, is hair origin. To drop a fairly penny on Mongolian hair that doesn’t hold a natural wave pattern is going to look anything but pure on the typical curly lady. Backside line Select a texture that almost all intently matches your hair in its natural state — the aim is to shock others that you’ve extensions.
1. Brazilian: This the most wanted hair available on the market and blends properly with all kinds of ethnicities.
-Delicate, thick, bouncy hair with medium coarseness
-Varies from mild brown to darkish brown or black
-Has a pure wave sample when wet, so it can be styled straight, wavy or curly
2. Mongolian: This hair kind is uncommon in comparison to different hair origins making it extra pricey.
-Tremendous and slightly coarse in texture
-Does not have a natural wave sample when wet, so it’s finest fitted to straight kinds.
-Numerous coloration range makes this hair sought after for these searching for one thing apart from
3. Indian: There’s an abundance of Indian hair, so it’s generally used for making extensions. It is commonly often known as “temple hair” because most of it is sourced from Hindu temples where hair is donated for religious practices.
-Thick, coarse and sleek in texture
-Dries wavy and mimics most hair patterns, so it can be styled wavy, curly or straight
-Sought out for its untreated qualities, as well as its long size
4. Malaysian: Celebrities seek this hair kind because of it’s comfortable and silky texture.
-Resembles very healthy hair because of it’s sheen
-Great for wavy and curly women as it comes ombre weave brands in quite a lot of natural hair patterns
-Colors vary from dark brown to black
5. Russian: That is like the highest shelf caviar of hair extensions as it’s hard to supply, making it quite pricey.
-Finer and thinner in texture which does not all the time mix effectively with Afro-Caribbean hair textures.
-May be very versatile in relation to styling and works with most hair patterns
-Colors range from gentle blonde to medium brown
The place Ladies With Curls Should Buy Extensions
The key to great extensions is to discover a hair sample that is just like your individual. The problem is, that most hair extensions come readily straightened and it can be exhausting to get textures that blend together with your curly locks. We’re giving a shout out to some hair extensions brands which are exhibiting the like to wavy, curly, kinky ladies in order that we can have some enjoyable with extensions too. A few of these manufacturers had been developed out of necessity by girls just like you and me and now they are helping you discover your good match.
1. Kinky Curly Yaki: This moderately priced firm affords 5 textures that they claim, “looks so real, you may swear it was rising out of your own head.” From gentle yaki to curly and afro kinky, these extensions are made from 100% virgin human hair and are free from artificial fillers and chemicals and will mix seamlessly with your pure hair.
2. Heat Free Hair: This brand is tremendous in style amongst naturalistas and transitioners. Their principal purpose is to offer prime quality protecting styling choices by wefts, clip-ins, closures and wigs. Whether you have got coils, curls or kinks they offer hair textures ranging from 3b to 4c.
3. Good Locks: You need excellent locks This firm affords assured, virgin Indian hair that’s hand selected directly from the largest temple in Tirupati, India. For curly girls the hair is curled using a chemical-free process referred to as steam perming resulting in a completely pure look and long lasting life. You’re sure to find the hair coloration and texture that you’re after.
4. Fingercomber: This hair community offers extensions, hair products and accessories which are designed by naturals, and made for naturals. Go #teamnatural! From protecting style units, wash and go units, havana hair and wefts it is exhausting to not find a texture and style for you — the truth is, you might purchase two!
5. SERO Hair: If you’re seeking moral, premium virgin Remy hair SERO is your one stop store. SERO is an up and coming identify in the world of beauty ombre weave brands and hair and they’re on a mission to source ethical hair from communities around the globe. Choose from Halo, Ponytail, Tape, Weft, Tip and Clip-In extensions and for the budget savvy they will be introducing a variety of synthetic extensions.
6. Indique: Celebs like Rihanna have been noticed with these extensions making them the most recent craze. Indique gets that each one curls are unique, even on the same head so you can mix and match from three textures: Bounce Organic Curl, Bounce Coil Curl and Bounce Deep Wave to seamlessly blend in your pure hair.
7. Private Stock Hair: Boasting the finest quality natural hair — we’re talking 100% virgin hair. These guys specialize in free waves to kinky curly type 3b to 4c hair textures. Choose from weft hair, wigs, closures and clip-ins.
8. BellaCurls: It was once nearly inconceivable to search out curly hair extensions, however nowadays any texture you’re after can more than likely be found and BellaCurls makes extensions straightforward with their 100% Malaysian, Brazilian and Mongolian hair clips-ins. In addition they get that curly hair comes in so many alternative textures which why they offer a wide range of hair patterns from wavy to afro.
How To Care For Your Hair Extensions
Extension hair should be cared for identical to your natural hair: gently. You can use all of your favourite hair merchandise, however keep oils away from the roots so as to forestall the bond, tape, or weave from slipping. At bedtime, put your hair in a free braid so it doesn´t get matted or tangled while you sleep.
1. Cleanse: Perform a co-wash at least as soon as every 2-three weeks.
2. Condition: Try to all the time use a moisturizing leave-in conditioner. Keep away from having to make use of any
different styling products between washes.
3. Model: Use alcohol-free serums or merchandise on hair to keep away from drying out the hair and making it
4. Dry: Air drying is highly recommended after washing and conditioning, however, real hair can
take the heat from a blow-dryer, flat iron or curling iron, but identical to your personal hair, it’s best to
keep heat styling at a minimal to beat frizz and maintain the quality and durability of your
5. Storage: Storage isn’t something we often suppose about when selecting our extensions, nevertheless it
can lengthen the life of your faux locks. When you’re packing away them away they should be
clean, conditioned, dry and tangle free. An air-tight container works nice or use a clip clothes
hanger to store the hair without dropping shape.
Okay curlfriends! We hope this provides you all the information it’s essential to get the luscious locks
you’ve always needed.