Relaxed Black Hair – Maintain African American Relaxed Hair
On the lookout for relaxed black hair care ideas for relaxed hair
If you love the look and feel of sleek, bouncing and behaving hair with no kinks curls and waves a superb relaxer makes it happen.
I believe that black and African American girls have the proper to wear their hair any way they please and reject that concept that relaxed hair cannot be wholesome.
How do I do know I wore a relaxer for 14 years and loved it!
My hair was as brief as chin size and so long as mid-again but most significantly; it was healthy, stunning and easy to manage.
Whether or not you’re thinking of getting a relaxer or you’ve been straightening for years it is all the time an excellent thing to teach yourself.
– Perceive how relaxers work
– Find out how to decide on the best one to your hair
– Know the best styling choices for relaxed hair
– Get hair care ideas for wholesome relaxed hair
Having healthy relaxed black hair isn’t only potential; it’s downright simple if in case you have the proper info, techniques and tools.
Relaxed Black Hair Fundamentals
Relaxers permanently loosen the curl pattern in black and African hair. It does this by altering the construction of the hair, breaking down the bonds that create the curl pattern and realigning them right into a straighter structure.
There are two kinds of chemical hair relaxers lye and no lye.
– Sodium hydroxide is the lively ingredient in most hair relaxers (i.e. Kera Care, Affirm and Motions).
– Lye based mostly long brown wig relaxers are easier on the hair but tougher on the scalp and if used incorrectly can result in serious scalp damage and hair loss.
– Lye relaxers are best left within the fingers of execs.
– A few of them are exhausting to purchase without a cosmetology license.
Click here to see the perfect lye relaxers for Black and African American hair.
– The active ingredient in no lye relaxer is guanidine hydroxide or thioglycolate. These relaxers are gentler on the scalp however tougher on the hair.
– They’re usually used by ‘kitchen beauticians’ and have been designed for doing hair at home.
– They come in box kits that you combine immediately before software (i.e. African Pride, Gentle and Stunning and Optimum Care).
Click right here to see the perfect no lye relaxers for Black and African American hair.
Lye vs. No Lye Relaxers
Both sorts of relaxers are available in 3 strengths – mild, regular and tremendous. Both one with get your hair straight, but having used both varieties myself, I strongly advocate utilizing lye based relaxers achieved by an skilled stylist for the next causes.
– You run much less danger of permanently damaging your hair and scalp.
– A superb stylist will know the very best strength relaxer to use in your hair.
– They’re going to let you know how typically you should get contact up’ based mostly on how fast your hair.
– They’ll offer you customized treatments and dwelling care recommendation to keep your hair in fine condition.
At the end of the day these are harsh chemicals and also you want to be as careful as attainable.
Virgin Relaxers vs. Touch Ups
In case your hair has by no means been relaxed before and you are enthusiastic about taking that big step speak to an expert hairstylist that focuses on the method. It is vital that you’ve got your first relaxer achieved professionally and find out how to keep up your hair.
That can encourage wholesome development and lower the chances of injury and hair loss.
A relaxer is everlasting but solely to the hair that is already been processed. ‘Touch up’s’ are obligatory when your hair grows out and are normally accomplished when you may have at the least ½ to 1 inch new development. How quickly you get your contact depends on what’s best for you and your hair.
Just remember the fact that once you get a relaxer touchups are going to be a daily and ongoing part of your hair regimen.
Pure Hair Relaxers
Can you chill out your hair without chemicals Good query.
Prior to now two decades or so there’s been numerous curiosity in so called “pure” hair relaxers that declare to straighten hair without using chemicals. I’ve never personally tried one so cannot truthfully give a sound opinion.
Natural Relaxer Brands
I’ve come across a number of natural hair relaxers that seem to be legit and price looking into if it’s something you’re really interested by.
– African Wonders Natural-laxer
Warning: Purchaser Beware
I would recommend that you just proceed with caution if you’re thinking of using a hair straighter that claims to be all pure. Scammers prey on women searching for chemical free ways of getting permanently straight silky locks (do the names Rio and Copa ring a bell ).
I’d also recommend taking your hair kind into consideration earlier than trying a pure relaxer. From what I’ve seen so far they seem to work better on hair with looser curl patterns. Additionally they appear to rely on heat styling to get a actually straight look, which can damage your hair over time.
Texlaxing: A brand new Strategy to Relax Hair
For those who read the black hair care boards or follow hair care gurus on youtube you’ve got in all probability hear the term texlaxing.
Texlaxing is relatively new strategy of straightening hair with the goal of has healthy as potential while making it simple to realize a straight relaxer look.
The goal is not to chill out the hair bone straight (which is not wholesome anyway) however around 50%-75%.
This loosens the curl sufficient long brown wig that you can straighten it easily with a superb roller set, blow dry or flat iron whereas leaving quite a lot of body and elasticity within the hair. Another option of texlaxed hair depending on how straight you go is having the ability to do wash and put on styles.
How do you texlax
To texlax you mix common relaxer with creamy hair conditioner earlier than applying it the best way you’re apply a normal relaxer. By including the conditioner you accomplish two predominant things.
1. You decelerate the speed of processing.
2. You go away more texture in our hair.
That’s it! Isn’t too sophisticated and you take care of a texlax just like you would a relaxer.
Easy methods to Take Care of Relaxed Black Hair
The question of to how get and relaxed hair healthy must be number one in your thoughts for those who select this black hair styling option.
Nothing disturbs my soul like seeing damaged off, broken see by hair that’s clearly been a sufferer of a badly utilized or maintained relaxer.
What Does Healthy Relaxed Black Hair Appear like
– Wholesome relaxed black hair has sheen, bounce, seems smooth and is frizz and cut up finish free.
– If you hold a strand between your fingers and pull it should stretch a very good amount earlier than finally snapping.
– For those who run your fingers by wholesome relaxed hair they will not get snagged and the texture feels clean and silky.
– Wholesome relaxed black hair isn’t bone straight but as an alternative retains some of its natural texture.
– Healthy relaxed black hair also tends to have a consistent colour from roots to ends except otherwise colored with highlights.
Received the thought If not, an image is at all times worth a thousand phrases.
Creating a Wholesome Relaxed Black Hair Care Regimen
Taking good care of relaxed hair appears to be an elusive art. I guess that’s why so many girls spend 1000’s on products and services attempting to get it proper and even more never ever appear to.
You probably have relaxed black hair your top priorities must be moisturizing and conditioning often. The act of enjoyable alone tends to dry out our hair which is already vulnerable to dryness.
In the event you loved this informative article and you would want to receive details with regards to wave i implore you to visit our page.