What, How & Why
My hair is texlaxed but it’s nonetheless relaxed hair. I’ve seen this false impression popping up lately however texlaxing my hair nonetheless means I’m a relaxed head. Before I continue, let me say that there’s absolutely nothing unsuitable with enjoyable your hair bone straight! I did it for years. I only switched to texlaxing (even when I began texlaxing my accident) because I needed thicker hair. Whether texlaxed, bone straight, and even pure, the only thing that matters is that your hair is Healthy. Mhkay, let’s cyber-hug and dive more into texlaxing.
To texlax your hair means you purposely below process your hair when stress-free it, thereby retaining more texture.
There are a number of methods to go about texlaxing your hair:
– Use a mild relaxer that you will know will beneath process your hair.
– Add oils or conditioner to the relaxer (relevant to both lye and no-lye relaxers) to weaken it.
– For no-lye relaxers: cut back the amount of activator you add, thereby weakening the relaxer’s power.
– Apply vaseline/petroleum jelly to new development.
– Limit the time relaxer is in your hair. For example, if the instructions point out that the relaxer should be left on for quarter-hour, shorten that time.
How I texlax my hair:
– I take advantage of a relaxer that without assist, doesn’t loosen up my hair bone straight. Specially: Natural Root Stimulator Relaxer (lye) in normal energy. To rapidly reply a “Picking Your Brain” submission, I desire lye system as a result of no-lye left my hair limp. I’ve used lye relaxers for years and my hair prefers them.
– I don’t smooth a lot and restrict application and smoothing to 11 minutes. I chill out my hair in halves to make the process simpler.
– Vaseline on my new development — I really stumbled throughout this method by accident. Once i self-relax my hair, I use Vaseline/common petroleum jelly to base my scalp and I am very heavy handed so I get Vaseline throughout my new development. I realized that coating my new progress with the vaseline was contributing to my texlaxed results as a result of it created a barrier between my hair and relaxer, weakening the relaxers straightening effects.
How to find out what degree of “texlaxed-ness” you desire (earlier than your actually touch-up/relaxer):
– Take just a few shed strands how to put extensions in of hair, because I don’t need you pulling out strands which might be good content to remain connected to your scalp lol, and utilizing any of the methods above, apply relaxer to the new progress on the strands. Play round with how lengthy you leave the relaxer on the hair, smoothing, approach, and many others. till you obtain your required results.
– Should you convey your own relaxer each time you go, add oil and/or conditioner to the relaxer you convey with you.
– If you employ the relaxer that is offered by the stylist, coat your hair with oil, conditioner, and/or petroleum jelly earlier than your appointment.
– Request that the stylist shorten the applying and smoothing time. Hey, it’s your money and your hair, don’t be afraid to request just what you need.
– For those who already relax your hair, to your next contact up, merely try one of the methods above, as well as determine beforehand how telaxed you’d like your hair to be.
– If you’re pure and need to being chemically course of your hair and obtain texlaxed outcomes:
– The week earlier than: wash and situation your hair as normal and that i also recommend doing a protein therapy to strengthen your hair in your upcoming relaxer.
– During the week: keep away from scratching and irritating your scalp.
– The day of your relaxer:
– If you’ve never self-relaxed your hair earlier than, I’d counsel going to a stylist that you’ve researched and/or watched in action. It’s at all times good to know whose seat you’re going to be sitting in because all stylists are usually not created equal.
– In case you used to self-calm down before you transitioned to natural and feel comfy self-enjoyable once more, use one of the methods talked about above.
Texlaxing is a great way to achieve thicker hair, particularly for us fine strand ladies. It is because the relaxer is just not processing the hair bone straight. The more the relaxer is allowed to course of the hair, the more protein bonds are broken within the hair shaft; relaxers straighten hair by breaking down these protein bonds. As a result of less protein bonds are damaged, texlaxed hair retains extra strength than hair that is processed a bit extra.
Do you feel that the usage of a relaxer prohibits your hair in anyway
Not at all. If I want to rock large hair, I air dry or do a braid out (but truthfully I haven’t executed a braid out in months!). If I need straight hair and/or curls, I can both flat iron or roller set it.
Would you counsel texlaxing for somebody who wants to go pure, but is addicted to straightened hair
That depends upon why the individual wish to go natural. In the event that they wish to go natural to attain thicker hair but need to probably keep away from utilizing direct heat regularly to realize straight styles, then sure I’d counsel texlaxing.
Aside from that, I believe going natural is a personal resolution that I strive not to offer strategies for to against. If somebody needs to go pure, go for it! Pursue, obtain, and care for the hair YOU want for no matter causes that encourage you.