How To make use of A Weave As A Protecting Style
Hey folks! I’ve decided to use a full sew-in weave as a protective fashion for a while. I am very pleased with my decision to do that, however I thought I should go into serious element regarding the upkeep of my hair beneath. Out of sight, out of mind does not apply in terms of your hair. Let me state that that is how I Choose TO TAKE CARE OF MY HAIR throughout the weave course of. Take what you’ll from it and tweak what you have to. Let’s get started..
Before You Install the Weave:
1. Wash and deep condition the hair with your alternative of gentle and quality products.
2. Moisturize the size of the hair using the L.O.C. Method.
3. Air dry
4. Take the weave that you are going to install and wash it. I make clear and deep situation the hair the identical method I’d my own hair. Go in the same direction as the cuticle and do not tangle the hair. I may or might not use heat throughout the conditioning course of. ( It is crazy how a lot hair dye comes out of the weave while you wash it.) If you’re utilizing virgin hair, this process might or will not be essential.
5. Be certain to wash the weave in warm water and rinse the conditioner out in chilly water. This can assist the weave to be very mushy when it dries.
6. Let the weave air dry.
After You Install the Weave:
1. Get a spray bottle or an applicator bottle with the slim nozzle. Fill it up with your favourite liquid moisturizer. S-curl is awesome to make use of, but when you don’t have that then you possibly can at all times dilute your favourite cheapie conditioner with water, add glycerine and natural oils.
2. Lift up each monitor and spray or squeeze your moisturizer on the braids. This is time consuming, however utterly vital and it feels good.
3. Get one other applicator bottle and fill it with your favourite oil to seal the moisturizer within the hair. You’ll want to get the oil on your hair and scalp and never the weave.
4. Use the information of your fingers to massage everything in. It will really feel nice!
5. Model as typical and canopy with a silk or satin scarf or bonnet for mattress. Maintaining extensions is time consuming and requires a number of persistence. Cleansing and washing your hair correctly is crucial to sustaining optimum hair well being. Subsequent, you will discover the steps I take to wash my hair with a sew-in weave.
Make sure to wash Your Real Hair Beneath AND the Weave
Begin by combing by way of the hair with a wide tooth comb to remove all tangles. In case you are carrying a curly weave, then I’d use my fingers to detangle. Begin from the ends to the roots.
Fill a spray bottle up with diluted shampoo and spray the scalp and hair. Use the method of spraying in between each observe to get as shut as potential to the scalp. Proceed by spraying the remainder of the weave.
Rinse the shampoo out of the hair using warm water and a large tooth comb. Just remember to rinse the scalp thoroughly and removing all of the soap from the scalp.
Apply your favourite conditioner the identical means you utilized the shampoo, however let the conditioner sit on the hair for some time. * I’m crazy about protecting my weave smooth and easy, and one of the ways I do that’s with a good conditioner. Your weave will thanks!*
Rinse the conditioner out and let your hair air dry. Don’t APPLY any oils to the hair weave, and do attempt to limit your use of a heated appliance.
1. Hair must be washed weekly!
Caring for your Real Hair
I am obsessive about protecting my hair under the weave wholesome and robust. There isn’t any level of sporting a protecting fashion if your refuse to care in your hair.
Moisturize – I’m obsessive about conserving my hair moisturized underneath a sew-in weave. My go to selection of moisturizer is a braid spray. I’ll use a braid spray or moisturizer generously on the hair each different day. This takes care of my scalp as properly, and it ensures that I won’t have dry/brittle hair once i take away the braids.
Oiling – My scalp can get very dry underneath a weave and it isn’t unusual for me to expertise a number of flakes. Oiling my scalp nightly is one thing I attempt to do faithfully. Buying a bottle with a skinny nozzle, or a spray bottle and filling it along with your favourite oil will do the trick. Apply this this oil liberally to the pure hair only. You do not wish to get your sew-in weave greasy as this will smash the quality of hair.
Washing – The natural hair and weave hair have to be washed weekly it doesn’t matter what. Wholesome hair grows out of a clean and wholesome scalp. Being in a weave hair online isn’t any excuse to not wash the hair. I am cautious to use a sulfate-free shampoo throughout this time.
Deep Conditioning – After shampooing the hair and weave, I apply a deep conditioner on both the weave hair and my uncovered hair and sit beneath a hooded dryer for not less than 30 minutes. The natural hair and weave love this course of, and it additionally helps to keep the hair moist.
Protect Your Hairline – I protect my hairline by massaging castor oil into it each single evening and whereas styling, if I remember. Weaves and braids can wreak havoc on the hairline if you are not cautious. Take the required precaution by massaging and making use of castor oil as typically as doable. Additionally, during installation, ensure that the braids aren’t too taught.
Have you ever used a sew-in weave as a protective fashion How do you care in your hair underneath the weave