Though Nemesis Had Emotions For Nightshade
Rick Flag is the title of three fictional characters showing in American comic books printed by DC Comics. They’re father, son, and grandson.
The father, Richard Flag, was in the original Suicide Squad, a World Battle II unit. After the war, he was a member of Task Power X. His son, Captain Rick Flag Jr.was a member of the Forgotten Heroes and led two completely different incarnations of the Suicide Squad.
1 Fictional character biography 1.1 Rick Flag Sr.
1.2 Rick Flag Jr.
1.Three Rick Flag III
2.2 Film 2.2.1 Reside-motion
Fictional character biography
Rick Flag Sr.
Richard Montgomery Flag led a division in World Battle II known as the Suicide Squadron. In his first mission, Flag was the only survivor. After that he loved increasing success and decreasing mortality. After the battle, he married Sharon Race.[Three] In 1951, with the disappearance of the Justice Society of America and different tremendous-heroes, President Harry S. Truman once more known as on Flag when he created Process Power X.[four]
Activity Force X would have two models: the army unit “Argent” (led by “Management”), and the civilian unit “Suicide Squad” which would deal with civilian issues — masked villains and the like. Normal Jeb Stuart would lead the army facet to deal with nationwide and international crises. Although Argent’s recorded activity ceased after 1960, Stuart’s Suicide Squad continued on. Ultimately, Flag sacrificed himself in stopping the previous Blackhawks’ nemesis, the War Wheel.
Rick Flag Jr.
Flag was replaced in the Squad by his now-grown son, Richard Rogers Flag. Younger Rick headed a brand new, public group which included his girlfriend, Karin Grace, Dr. Hugh Evans, and Jess Bright.[Eight] In a single tragic mission in Cambodia they were pursued by a Yeti. Evans and Bright and the Yeti fell into a crevasse, presumably to their deaths. Bright survived, angered at being left behind.
Shiny, frostbitten and near-demise, was found by the Chinese language who nursed him again to well being. He then passed onto the Russians who reworked him into the bionic monster known as Koshchei the Deathless. Along with his expertise in engineering, Brilliant assisted within the creation of the Rocket Crimson Brigade and lent a hand to the nation of Qurac in assembling their metahuman workforce, the Jihad. Grace additionally secretly bore Flag’s son and positioned him with an adoptive household. Later, Rick was despatched to infiltrate the Forgotten Heroes as a spy for the government. After the “dying” of the Forgotten Heroes’ chief, the Immortal Man, the team disbanded and Flag labored covertly for the U.S. government.[Eleven]
Rick Flag Jr. was then tapped by the government to guide the new Suicide Squad as formed by Amanda Waller, a task he reluctantly assumed. Instantly, Rick confirmed indicators of instability, which were worsened when Karin Grace grew to become the staff’s medic. Flag hated working with the criminals beneath his command, and resented the notion that he and Deadshot had been alike in any means.
There have been vibrant points amongst the Suicide Squad nevertheless, because the crew was not utterly filled with criminals. Nightshade, captain america t shirt greece wife although she captain america t shirt greece wife resented Flag at first when she was compelled to change into an accessory to murder when she turned an undercover operative in the Jihad, grew attracted to him. She was by no means able to admit her feelings to him nonetheless, and he took no discover.
Flag also held good relationships with Nemesis and the Bronze Tiger, regardless that both were in some methods opposed to Flag. Though Nemesis had emotions for Nightshade, something to which Flag was oblivious, he stepped out of the best way and revered Nightshade’s feelings. Similarly, the Tiger was initially tapped to turn out to be the Squad’s leader, however was as an alternative replaced by Flag, something that the Tiger had no problems with.
The loyalty Flag had towards his teammates and Waller was evident in the fact that he did not shy away from a battle with the Justice League to be able to free Nemesis from Soviet captivity. He additionally threatened a bureaucrat who was threatening Waller’s place.
This did nothing to ease Flag’s mental instability, and it quickly worsened. Flag led a special Squad in a deadly mission involving the Doom Patrol wherein he was the only survivor. The dying of Karin Grace additionally served to amplify this and it came to a head when US Senator Cray threatened to reveal the existence of the Suicide Squad to the general public.
Unbeknownst to him, Amanda Waller had already dealt with the menace, and Flag got down to assassinate Cray in order to make sure the existence of the Suicide Squad, although he loathed a few of its members. The Squad got down to stop him, with the clearance to take action by any means obligatory. The villain Deadshot found Flag and Cray, however as an alternative of killing Flag however, Deadshot murdered the senator. Flag was forced to flee, and unwittingly, the existence of the Suicide Squad was still revealed.
Flag set out to destroy the Jihad workforce once and for all after learning that his father had beforehand attacked their stronghold, Jotunheim, during World War II with a purpose to neutralise a Nazi prototype nuclear weapon. He left a note to Nightshade detailing his plans. The bomb was still there, buried underneath rubble and the Jihad was unaware of its presence. Flag sneaked in and slew his way by means of to the bomb itself. He battled the Jihad’s chief Rustam personally, just before the bomb exploded.
After his dying, Flag appeared in an issue of Captain Atom, where his soul was saved from an eternity in Purgatory and reunited with Karin in Paradise. His Purgatory self also seems within the Day of Judgement, limited sequence. Together with different Purgatory certain souls, he battles heavenly agents on the behalf of a still residing superhero workforce. As said in concern 5 of the collection, his rebellious actions earn him one other after-life chance.
One Yr Later in Checkmate (vol. 2) #6, Rick Flag is revealed to be alive and is rescued from a secret Quraci prison by the Bronze Tiger. He had been imprisoned there for four years till Amanda Waller found him and alerted the Tiger to his whereabouts. Rick was later revealed to be main a clandestine Suicide Squad unit at the behest of Amanda Waller, and in opposition to the expressed mandate of the Checkmate organization.
Bob Greenberger, who co-created the Suicide Squad alongside John Ostrander, has publicly objected to the resurrection of Rick Flag. In keeping with Greg Rucka, Rick Flag’s subsequent re-look had nothing to do with Infinite Disaster, and John Ostrander has said that he knew how Rick Flag could survive the explosion at Jotunheim when he first wrote it.
As seen in Suicide Squad: Raise the Flag #2, Rustam used his Scimitar to teleport each Rick Flag and himself to Skartaris. In Increase the Flag #5, Common Wade Eiling admits that Rick Flag Jr. will not be truly the son of Rick Flag Sr.but is a soldier named Anthony Miller who was brainwashed by Eiling into believing he was Flag’s son. Miller’s conditioning means that Eiling nonetheless has management of him, and uses him as a part of his takeover of the Suicide Squad. Compelled to activate an explosive implant in Amanda Waller’s brain, Miller breaks free from his thoughts management enough to activate Eiling’s implant as a substitute, leaving him helpless enough to be captured. Confronted with the possibility to give up his presumed id and return home, Miller decides that the Suicide Squad wants a Rick Flag, and refuses the supply.
Rick Flag III
Rick Flag Jr.’s younger son by Karin Grace who also shared his name was introduced in Suicide Squad #50. The boy was kidnapped by Koschei the Deathless (Jess Vibrant) a member of the Jihad, however was rescued by Nemesis of the Suicide Squad. He has since appeared in Suicide Squad: Increase the Flag #4, through which Flag Jr and Bronze Tiger visit his adopted residence, but Flag Jr. refuses to strategy him.
In different media
– Rick Flag Jr. appears in the Justice League Unlimited episode “Job Pressure X” with Adam Baldwin as Flag. Just like the comics, Colonel Rick Flag Jr. is the leader of Process Force X, the son of Rick Flag Sr. and a patriot to his country. He recruited Captain Boomerang, Clock King (Temple Fugate), Deadshot, and Plastique for a stealth mission to steal the Annihilator from the Watchtower for Amanda Waller and the remainder of Project Cadmus. His father Rick Flag Sr. is mentioned by Waller the place she tells Rick that his “father could be proud.”
– Rick Flag seems within the premiere episode of Smallville’s tenth and last season, “Lazarus” portrayed by Ted Whittall. He captures and interrogates Inexperienced Arrow, in addition to in episode two of season ten, “Shield”, as the chief of the Suicide Squad, along with Deadshot and Plastique. He as soon as again appears in episode seven, “Ambush”, along with Emil LaSalle the place he takes purpose at a visiting General Sam Lane, who threatens his agenda of taking down the Vigilante Registration Act. In episode 12, “Collateral,” it is revealed that Flag has been blackmailed into working for Chloe Sullivan, who can also be trying to take down the Vigilante Registration Act.
– Rick Flag was mentioned in the Arrow episode “Suicidal Tendencies”.
– Rick Flag appears in the stay action adaptation of Suicide Squad, portrayed by Joel Kinnaman. Tom Hardy was initially set to play the character,[sixteen] but scheduling conflicts with The Revenant forced captain america t shirt greece wife him to drop out of the position. He’s a Special Forces officer hired by Amanda Waller to watch over June Moone, with whom he falls in love, and later tasked to steer the Suicide Squad throughout field missions. His motive in the course of the course of the movie is to free June Moone of Enchantress, an ancient goddess who took over her physique. When confronted by Deadshot over the mission details after Waller is captured by Enchantress’s military, he relieves the Squad of their duties, but chooses to continue, and the rest of the Squad eventually decides to assist him. He and El Diablo are the one ones to break out of Enchantress’s illusions (albeit with some convincing from Diablo). When combating Enchantress, he sets off a bomb and Killer Croc throws it in direction of Enchantress’s “machine”, whereas Deadshot shoots the bomb, forcing it to explode. When confronting a defeated Enchantress, he threatens her together with her coronary heart to release June from the curse. Enchantress refuses and mocks him, and Flag, remembering a promise to June (on which he would have stopped the Enchantress even when it means sacrificing June as properly) forces himself to crush the center, killing Enchantress and seemingly June as effectively. However, June survives and Flag is reunited together with her.
– Rick Flag Sr. appears in Justice League: The brand new Frontier voiced by Lex Lang. Flag serves as Hal Jordan’s instructor, appearing similar to a drill sergeant. Flag can be Hal’s co pilot during a mission to Mars, sprung from the Martian Manhunter’s arrival. When the spaceship is damaged Flag detonates a number of bombs on board the ship killing Flag whereas Hal is saved by Superman. A youthful Rick Flag Jr. makes a cameo in the end.
Video video games
– Rick Flag Jr. appears in Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, where Adam Baldwin reprises the role. He and Amanda Waller monitor Batman’s work at Blackgate Penitentiary. In the post-credits, he and Amanda Waller get Deadshot and Bronze Tiger to join the Suicide Squad.
^ a b c d e Wallace, Dan (2008). “Flag, Rich”. In Dougall, Alastair. The DC Comics Encyclopedia. New York: Dorling Kindersley. p. 128. ISBN zero-7566-4119-5. OCLC 213309017.
^ Ostrander, John (w), McDonnell, Luke (p), Hunt, Dave (i). “The secret Origin of the Suicide Squad” Secret Origins v2, 14: 6 (Might, 1987), DC Comics
^ Ostrander, John (w), McDonnell, Luke (p), Hunt, Dave (i). “The secret Origin of the Suicide Squad” Secret Origins v2, 14: 7/1 (Might, 1987), DC Comics
^ Ostrander, John (w), McDonnell, Luke (p), Hunt, Dave (i). “The key Origin of the Suicide Squad” Secret Origins v2, 14: 7-9 (May, 1987), DC Comics
^ a b Ostrander, John (w), McDonnell, Luke (p), Hunt, Dave (i). “The secret Origin of the Suicide Squad” Secret Origins v2, 14: Eight (May, 1987), DC Comics
^ Ostrander, John (w), McDonnell, Luke (p), Hunt, Dave (i). “The key Origin of the Suicide Squad” Secret Origins v2, 14: 9 (Might, 1987), DC Comics
^ Ostrander, John (w), McDonnell, Luke (p), Hunt, Dave (i). “The key Origin of the Suicide Squad” Secret Origins v2, 14: 14/5 (Might, 1987), DC Comics
^ Ostrander, John (w), McDonnell, Luke (p), Hunt, Dave (i). “The key Origin of the Suicide Squad” Secret Origins v2, 14: 19 (May, 1987), DC Comics
^ Ostrander, John (w), McDonnell, Luke (p), Hunt, Dave (i). “The key Origin of the Suicide Squad” Secret Origins v2, 14: 26 (Might, 1987), DC Comics
^ Ostrander, John (w), McDonnell, Luke (p), Hunt, Dave (i). “The key Origin of the Suicide Squad” Secret Origins v2, 14: 27 (Could, 1987), DC Comics
^ Ostrander, John (w), McDonnell, Luke (p), Hunt, Dave (i). “The secret Origin of the Suicide Squad” Secret Origins v2, 14: 28/1 (May, 1987), DC Comics
^ “Doom Patrol and Suicide Squad” #1 (1988)
^ Bob Greenberger’s Blog – Suicide Notes Archived October 25, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
^ John Ostrander on returning to The Squad, Newsarama, January 15, 2007
^ Jeff Sneider and Linda Ge (February thirteen, 2015). “Joel Kinnaman to Exchange Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg in WB’s ‘Suicide Squad'”. The Wrap. CS1 maint: Makes use of authors parameter (hyperlink)
^ “‘Suicide Squad’ Solid Revealed: Jared Leto to Play the Joker, Will Smith is Deadshot”. Variety. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
^ “Tom Hardy Suicide Squad: Actor Drops DC Comics Adaptation”. SlashFilm. Retrieved 15 January 2015.