Simply Into My HAIR
“I haven’t shampoo’d or cowashed my hair since last Saturday. My HAIR nicely and truly needed a wash and a thorough detangling ~ however I used to be dreading having a shedding nightmare on my palms!”
My hair this week has been in a bun using some artificial bulk braid hair (the cheapo stuff for 99p) to make the bun. I’ve taken the bun down every night and both moisturised my hair hundreds and sealed in sections or simply carried a fast moisturise with my moisturising spritz containing aloe vera juice, water and Elasta QP Mango Butter and Olive Oil and seal combo concentrating on the perimeter, length, ends and the elements of my hair that are uncovered to the elements when in the bun. At night time I have removed the hair tie, plaited or twisted the ends and tucked them beneath, whilst protecting my hair formed in the fashion of a bun for ease of styling the next morning. I then repeat the moisturising and sealing course of in the morning.
My HAIR TIE: I have discovered that using the sort of hair tie (which is actually a headband) worls finest for me as it places much much less stress on my strands and takes out little to no strands when it is removed every evening. I loop it round on itself thrice and then look the hair tie around my hair twice. It works well and has no rough bits of glue uncovered to snag my hair.
As my hair hasn’t been combed since Saturday, I determined in opposition to detangling with my comb and as an alternative selected to finger detangle as this has been helping with some shed hair tangles I have encountered this week. It took ages however gave me more control with the tangles and removing the shed hair without causing breakage.
My hair on the left not detangled – My hair on the correct has been finger detangled, sectioned and clipped up ready for the pre-poo.
On the left, hair shed from the left facet of head and on the right is the hair shed from the fitting facet.
Shed hair from left facet is at the top, hair shed from braid weaving hair proper aspect is on the bottom. Second image shows whole hair shed during detangling previous to washing.
A large tangle, I don’t think detangled after taking down my PS so I have had a couple of tangles like this that I have removed fastidiously by hand. The image within the center reveals the amount of hair shed from the part as soon as absolutely detangled. More would have come out if I might used a comb, even if it was my trust HS Jumbo Rake! Fingers have been undoubtedly the very best software for the job.
1. I prepoo’d on dry hair with grapeseed oil in a single day as I did not fancy washing my hair as it was late by the time I had completed completely detangling with only my fingers. It was nicely value it as I think I lost less hair this way and breakage would have been minimal.
The grapeseed oil has penetrated my hair nicely. It feels damp. I love it when I have time to prepoo in a single day, it all the time provides me better results.
2. I then jumped in the shower and washed with ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo with a view to chelate my hair then rinsed.
3. Next I utilized Keracare Cleansing Cream. My product ban is well and truly failed. I don’t care as a result of in the meanwhile I am ready to strive something to get my hair again to health so it isn’t the appropriate time to be depriving myself of purchasing merchandise.
4. I then did a black tea rinse. I do not normally like the best way these make my hair really feel as my hair goes hard as quickly because the tea is utilized. I normally do a tea rinse as the ultimate rinse and do not wash it out. This time I made up the rinse using 4 PG Ideas tea bags. I then decanted the tea into my bottle with an applicator nozzle this made it easier to use the tea on to my scalp. I gave my scalp a fast therapeutic massage, I only did a fast one as I don’t need to manipulate my scalp an excessive amount of in the mean time. Then I coated with a plastic cap and left of 25-30mins. This step is so messy!!!! Not gratifying in any respect. Lets see if it really works. Right now I will attempt something wanting rubbing uncooked garlic on my scalp!!!!
5. I didn’t rinse the black tea from my hair, at this stage I utilized my conditioner mixture of AO HSR cnditioner, Keracare Humecto, Aloe vera Juice, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol, Roux Porosity Management blended with somewhat Silk Amino Acid powder and left this on for 1hr under heat and then an additional 45 mins without heat with a towel wrapped around my head before rinsing.
5. Utilized leave ins Elasta QP H2 and Bee Mine Deja’s Hair Milk and then air dried to 60% dry utilizing the scarf technique.
6. Lastly I utilized extra BM Hair Milk after which slightly AtOne With Nature Leave In conditioner, sealed with Grapeseed oil adopted by a little Organix Coconut Milk Anti Breakage Serum on my very ends, hairline and nape then put my hair into a free bun and reapplied the scarf.
I am presently sat with the scarf on my head while I sort this publish. This wash day I tried to keep away from protein in braid weaving hair an attempt to maintain the softness in my strands. I will be spritzing with my moisturising spritz which comprises water, conditioner and glycerin in an 70:20:10 ratio so as to keep the moisture up in my strands.
For the time being:
Breakage ~ is low
Shedding ~ is medium, it could possibly be better!
I plan to put my crochet braids back in tomorrow utilizing the afro kinky braid hair. I’ll probably only keep it in for two weeks although as it’s just a trial run really to see what it is going to appear to be.
These are my new ‘Wash Day Clips’ they’re super easy to take away and change in my hair, even with new progress. They’re additionally easy with no jagged items to snag on my hair. To high it off, they had been a whole bargain at £1.50 for 2, so I acquired four!!! I exploit 2 in the again and a couple of within the entrance.